Using your debit card for shopping online, at the pump, and in the store should be easy and carefree! That's why Envision takes every precaution in helping our members avoid fraud.
Decrease your chances of online fraud:
- Regularly monitor your account for suspicious activity. Set a daily reminder to check your account.
- Avoid a public Wi-Fi, and use a secure and private Internet server when shopping online.
- Stick to reputable websites. A web address that includes “https” is a good indicator it is legitimate.
- Apps make everything easy, but be sure to download it from a trusted source such as the AppleApp Store or Android Market.
- Use a pop-up blocker to avoid spam advertisements.
- When in doubt, contact us! We’ll help ensure your accounts are safe and secure.
- Update your contact information with Envision, so that we can help you solve the matter swiftly in the event you experience Debit Card fraud.
- Contact us immediately to report a suspicious or fraudulent charge.
- We will never ask for your Personal Identification Number (PIN), CVV code (three digits on the back of your debit card), or your complete Social Security Number
Want more control of the debit cards on your account?
Download Card Valet! It's a free app available for your smart phone that gives you all of the control you need to make sure your card is safe and secure.
- Lost or misplaced your card? That's okay! Just turn the card off in the Card Valet app and turn it back on when it's back in your possession.
- Want to restrict where your card can work? All you have to do is change the preferences on the card to allow or block transactions at ATMs, online merchants, or even by geographical location!
- Do you like alerts? Then you'll love Card Valet's alert system. You have the control to set alerts that will notify you on your phone, or smart watch, when your card has been authorized for a transactions in real-time.
With the Card Valet app, you'll have more peace of mind knowing that you can quickly control your debit card anytime, anywhere. To download, just search Card Valet in your smart phone's app store.
* Please note if your case involves the fraudulent use of your card number by an unknown party, or you have been the victim of skimming activity, please file a police report with your local law enforcement agency. Often an escalation in debit or credit card fraud, reported to the applicable agencies, is the only way for law enforcement officials to become aware of the activity so that they can then take steps to apprehend the perpetrators.